- For any intra-state supply, Central GST payment goes to the account of the Central Government.
- State GST payment goes into the account of the concerned State Government.
- Inter-state supply, tax to be paid is Integrated GST (IGST) which will have components of both CGST and SGST.
In addition, certain categories of registered persons will be required to pay to the government account Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) and Tax Collected at Source (TCS). In addition, wherever applicable, Interest, Penalty, Fees and any other payment will also be required to be made.
Liability to pay GST:
- The supplier of goods or service is liable to pay GST.
- In specified cases like imports and other notified supplies, the liability may be cast on the recipient under the reverse charge mechanism.
- Third person, in the case of e-commerce operator and responsible for TCS or Government Department responsible for TDS.
GST payment due dates:
Due date for GST payment is 20 days from the end of the month. For persons registered under composition scheme, the due date will be 18 days after the end of the quarter.
Electronic Credit Ledger:
The amount Input Tax Credit (ITC) as filed by the person in his return shall be credited to electronic credit ledger. The amount standing in electronic credit ledger may be used for payment of tax only. A person upon noticing any discrepancy in his electronic credit ledger should communicate it to the officer through form GST PMT-04
The person shall discharge his tax and other dues in following order:
- self-assessed tax, and other dues related to returns of previous tax periods
- self-assessed tax, and other dues related to return of current tax period
- any other amount payable under the Act or the rules made there under including the demand determined under section 73 or 74.
All Forms related to GST Payment
|Form||Use of form|
|GST PMT-01||Electronic Tax liability register is maintained in this form|
|GST PMT-02||Electronic credit ledger is maintained in this form|
|GST PMT-03||Order by proper officer to re-credit amount on rejection of refund|
|GST PMT-04||Communication of discrepancy in electronic credit ledger, cash ledger or liability ledger|
|GST PMT-05||Electronic cash ledger is maintained in this form|
|GST PMT-06||Challan for payment of GST|
|GST PMT-07||Application when CIN is not generated or not communicated to common portal|
GST Payment by a person not registered under GST:
Any payment required to be made by a person who is not registered under the Act, shall be made on the basis of a temporary identification number generated through the Common Portal.